Precautions for operators of solid sodium ethoxide
The chemical property of solid sodium ethoxide is relative to that of active substances, so special attention should be paid in the operation to avoid contact with reactants, which may easily lead to changes in the product and affect the use. Therefore, the operators who need to pay attention to the operation of solid sodium ethoxide are listed below.
1. Closed operation, local exhaust.
Prevent dust from being released into the air of the workplace. Operators must receive special training and strictly abide by the operating procedures. The operators of solid sodium ethoxide are recommended to wear self suction filter dust mask, chemical glasses, rubber acid-base clothes and rubber acid-base gloves.
2. Keep away from fire and heat sources.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in the workplace. Use explosion-proof ventilation systems and equipment. Avoid dust. Avoid oxidants and acids. Take special care to avoid contact with water.
3. Fire fighting equipment and leakage emergency treatment equipment of corresponding varieties and quantities shall be provided.
Empty containers of solid sodium ethoxide may leave harmful substances.
4. Store in a cool, dry and well ventilated warehouse. Protect from direct sunlight. Packaging and sealing. It shall be stored separately from oxidants and acids and shall not be mixed.
5. Use explosion-proof lighting and ventilation facilities. Do not use mechanical equipment and tools that are easy to generate sparks. The storage area shall be equipped with suitable materials to prevent leakage.
Operators of solid sodium alcohol also need to pay attention to the protection methods during operation.
1. Respiratory protection: When the dust concentration in the air exceeds the standard, wear a self-priming filter respirator. Wear air respirator during emergency rescue or evacuation.
2. Eye protection device: wear chemical glasses.
3. Physical protection: wear acid resistant rubber clothes.
4. Hand protection: wear rubber acid resistant gloves.
5. Others: Smoking and eating are prohibited in the protective workplace. Wash your hands before meals. After work, take a bath and change your clothes. Keep good hygiene habits.
6. Disposal method of solid sodium ethoxide waste: incineration or landfill control is recommended. If possible, reuse the transponder or bury it in the designated place.
Prohibited compounds: strong oxidants, acids and water.